StorageTek (STK), Oracle, Sun Storage (StorEdge)
Tape Drives & Tape Libraries
Tape Drive and Tape Library Information
StorageTek Tape Drives and Libraries offer outstanding overall quality and reliability in enterprise and mid-range tape data storage solutions. STK provides the most scalable, integrated hardware/software tiered storage environment to transparently migrate data between multiple layers of disk storage and tape backup drives. With over 40 years of experience in tape drives and libraries, these products continue to prove themselves as an excellent investment in your tape backup drive solutions.
These tape drives feature fast data transfer rates and large capacity so you can process more data in less time. The high-speed Fibre Channel interface further improves data movement, shortens backup windows, reduces downtime, and speeds recovery. Combined with StorageTek tape libraries, you can easily and affordable store, manage, and protect your growing data.
StorageTek LTO drives support two-generation backward compatibility so you can make the most of your technology investment. Their open format supports a wide variety of media suppliers and automation systems. And the LTO Compliance Verification Entity, an independent company, verifies interchange across LTO vendors and product generations.
Key Benefits of the STK LTO tape drives
- 400 GB cartridge native capacity
- 60 MB/sec native transfer rate
- Backward read/write compatible with LTO 2 media
- Rackmount SCSI & SAS configurations
StorageTek (Oracle) LTO-3, LTO-4, LTO-5 & LTO-6
tape drives are compatible these with StorageTek (Sun Storage) tape libraries:
- STK StorageTek L180 L700 L700e, SL500 LTO tape libraries with HP or IBM Drives in LVD or FC Fibre Channel interface
- L20 L40 L80 STK StorageTek LTO tape libraries with HP or IBM Drives in LVD or FC Fibre Channel interface
- STK SL500 modular tape libraries and SL8500 modular tape libraries are compatible with STK LTO-4, LTO-5, and LTO-6 tape drives in LVD or FC Fibre Channel interface
Pinetree Peripherals, repairs, and sells StorageTek (Oracle America Sun Storage) tape backup drives, DLTs and tape libraries. As a tape drive repair and support partner, Pinetree provides unparalleled repair, on-site support and maintenance contracts. 25 years of experience allows us the unique opportunity to offer timely and cost effective solutions tape drive and tape drives repair services.
Extending the life for our customer's StorageTek (STK), Oracle, Sun StorEdge tape backup drives and libraries is our mission. Pinetree Peripherals can help you improve your bottom line, by allowing you to keep those end of life units, up and running. There is nothing like a bit of peace of mind, knowing your data is being protected by reliable and long-lasting disaster recovery methods.
We can provide:
Our tape drive repair and tape library repair services are a cost-effective means to keep what you have and protect your backup infrastructure investment.
- Replacement parts
- New and Refurbished unit sales
- LTO, DLT, AIT and 9840 tape backup drive replacement units and repairs
- Onsite maintenance (Continental US Only)
- Depot Repair
- Advance Exchange
- 180 day warranty on all tape backup drive and library repairs and parts