Tape Library: Repair & Sales Services
Modular Tape Libraries supported:
DLT and LTO based libraries built by:
ADIC (Quantum), Quantum, Sun StorEdge, StorageTek (STK), Dell & Hewlett Packard (HP)
At Pinetree we take pride in being able to have an actual HUMAN answering your phone call during our business hours (8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Monday - Friday Mountain Time -6GMT)
Featured Tape Libraries
- 1 to 96 LTO-3 or LTO-4 tape drives with up to 279.3 PB of storage for linked libraries
- Data Transfer rates of up to 70.0 MB per second
- The i2000 takes advantage of Quantum's industry-first scalability architecture: capacity-on-demand. Capacity-on-demand allows you to pay for only the capacity you need today, and easily plan for non-disruptive capacity upgrades as you grow. When you need more capacity, activation of additional 100-slot increments occurs simply by using a software key. To accommodate continual data growth, the Scalar i2000 expands to more than 3,400 LTO slots in a single library.
- 6 SDLT 600, SDLT 320, LTO-1, LTO-2, or LTO-3 tape drives, with up to 40 TB of storage
- Data transfer rates of up to 1.73TB/hr
- ATL M2500 library modules and a StackLink mechanism in a standard 19-inch rack to form a larger library system (called a multiple library stack). The multiple library stack appears as a single large capacity library. to the host.
- 2 to 6 DLT-4000 or DLT-7000 tape drives, with up to 35 TB of storage
- Data Transfer rate up to 5 Mb per second
- Networked systems of almost every kind can take advantage of secure centralised backup and nearline storage. The 9714 is fully supported by many network management software packages. Support available includes Novell, NT, UNIX and AS/400 environments
Features and Benefits
- Non-disruptive growth to over two exabytes of compressed data capacity (with 2.5:1 compression):
allows for seamless scalability for even the largest data requirements
- Fully redundant and hot-swappable components:
reduces planned and unplanned downtime
- Intelligent partitioning, sharing, and managing:
Simplify storage management and increase in-library utilization
- “Any Cartridge Any Slot” mixed media support :
optimize media investments by utilizing varied technologies side by side
- RealTime Growth and pay as you grow scalability:
pre-install capacity to reduce downtime, but contain costs by only paying incrementally for the capacity you require
Dell PowerVault 136T
- The PowerVault 136T tape library automates the retrieval, storage, and control of tape cartridges. It is designed for use in a standard office environment, with a fully finished appearance, or as a rack mounted unit
- The library supports many different drive types and, depending on the type of drive, can contain one to six drives. There is a Mailbox on the front door for inserting and removing tapes. In addition, the Operator Panel on the front of the library allows you to fully control and configure your library
- SDLT type drives (SDLT-220, SDLT-320)
LTO type drives (LTO-1, LTO-2, LTO-3)
- The HP StorageWorks Enterprise Modular Library (EML) E-Series Modular Tape Library provide performance, reliability and investment protection for your data protection needs. With up to 16 HP Ultrium tape drives, the EML E-Series boasts native throughput of over 4.6 TB/hr. Based on the HP StorageWorks Extended Tape Library Architecture (ETLA), controllers between the SAN and the tape drives regulate traffic and help to ensure that rogue I/O requests do not interrupt the backup or recovery job in progress. Additionally, the hardware itself is very reliable, designed for 24x7 environments. Investment protection is achieved through the ability to scale up, out and through time. Through the addition of expansion modules, the EML library scales to 16 drives and over 440 slots. Future expansion modules will allow the EML E-Series to scale beyond 500 slots within the library footprint. As new HP Ultrium tape drives are introduced they may be integrated into the existing frame further improving capacity and performance.
- The EML E-Series Modular Tape Library are fully integrated into the HP StorageWorks portfolio through compatibility and capacity points. The EML E-Series tape library is extensively tested in the Enterprise Backup Solution (EBS) to ensure that it works in the most rigorous environment. Documentation is provided to enable you to configure, design and implement the best data protection solution for your environment.
- SDLT type drives (SDLT-220, SDLT-320), LTO type drives (LTO-1, LTO-2, LTO-3)
Tape Libraries by manufacturer
- Storagetek (STK) by Oracle America libraries
StorageTek Storage by Oracle America provides a breakthrough value, with expansive knowledge and a comprehensive portfolio of products and services to meet today’s demands, allowing you to achieve your long-term enterprise vision.
- Dell Modular Tape Libraries
- Hewlett Packard Modular Tape Libraries
- Quantum Modular Tape Libraries
Quantum Modular Tape Libraries manage and protect business critical data in all business environments. With an emphasis on investment optimization, these Modular Tape Library grow with your business needs and capitalize on your initial investment.
- ADIC Modular Tape Libraries based on DLT, SDLT, LTO and Ultrium tape drives
Advanced Digital Information Corporation (ADIC) is a recognized leader in data storage for the open systems market with technical, product development, and support expertise in the areas of policy-based data management, systems automation, connectivity, and storage management software. The ADIC product line is now a part of the growing Quantum family of tape-based library products. Pinetree can repair and maintain your ADIC libraries on-site, or at one of our depot repair facility.